• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

write your exercise and diet goals for the week here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

law12345

Bluelighter
then we can support each other and say how it went at then end of the week:

Mine: drink lots of green tea
eat loads of fruit and veges
no junk food for the week
bike-ridex2
jogx2
swimming once

only 3 alcohol drinks at the most in the weekend

oh yeh and being more patient and keeping more positive in life ;)

thats a farrkin GREAT idea ...

sometimes setting a new years resolution can result in loosing focus ...

'baby steps'

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single baby step

bringing it back to base ~

this week...

(reminder to self, set realistic goals as not to cause dissapointment)

3 x Bike Rides
2 x Jogging
1 x Bushwalk (of epic proportions, climb cardwell ranges)
0 x eat shit food

zero alcohol/pot/drugs all year
zero sexy time (with myself or other)

LOTS of photography

and LOTS mulching/fertalizing tree planting

and lots and lots of herbal tea/fruit 'n' veg/ salads/new experimental cooking

alright... .now lets make it happen

(i'm feeling good about it already)

YEEEE HAAA (((((~O~)))))

I guess i'll give this a try!

My goals for this week:
-no drinking at least until friday/saturday night
-no junk food

-Do upper-body exercises at least every morning after breakfast
-Don't go to bed hungry anymore (trying to build muscle)
-Keep taking my multi-vitamins
-Ride my bike the next time I want to visit a friend

-Dont spend a shitload of money!!! Keep it under $20 (trying to focus on better money management)
-Finish my drum and bass set! Or at least work on it
-Keep my patience with dumb bitch ex-gf, shes just pregnant and wants attention, dont let her shit keep me down, life is too short to be pissed off over bullshit even if I do all I can and it still isn't enough

Daily proper diet and weekly excercise are a constant part of my lifestyle. I don't have to set weekly goals. I am grateful it comes easily and naturally to me now. This has only been the case for 2+ years. I do think it is important to take it day by day when making healthy changes. I make healthy choices 80-90% of the week. I don't restrict myself. This gal has got to have her pizza, chicken wings, beer, and ice cream.

right on. good thread idea. I have to go away for work this week and I'm not sure if the hotel is going to have a gym, but next week I'm all over this.

^^don't need a gym but I choose my hotels based on whether they have one ;)
Do push ups, crunches etc. Do you practice yoga? Do you run?

that's very inspiration PI, i aim to reach that state, where these basic goals are just a given, so then i can use my willpower on achieving greater goals in my life....

umm, so ... is the fact that its raining INTENSELY (likte probably gonna flood) any excuse ???

fuck no, i'm going for a ride this afternoon, even if its just up to the lookout and back ~

booo YAAA ~

Oh mannnn, I made the NY resolution to walk a mile on weekdays and still haven't started. This thread makes me sad. LOL

I did make the goal to eat lots of fish and cut down on late night eating. I have accomplished that and probably dropped a few pounds. I wish I had the time to go to the gym. I'd really like to build muscle tone, but I never seem to get anywhere close when I've done it before so I have lost all interest in exercise. I stick to just not eating. LOL

Since I've fallen off the workout wagon, I need to get my lazy ass active again. This week:

Daily: 15 minutes moderate exertion on the bike trainer
Actually go to yoga this week
Back to the gym by Saturday
'Normal' workout schedule by next Tues

Normally I wouldn't bother easing back in like this, but it's been nearly a month since I've been to the gym. Between xmas hectic bullshit, NYE trip silliness and getting bitchslapped by a hell of a cold it just hasn't been feasible. And yes, I know that at least some of that is rationalizing.

^^don't need a gym but I choose my hotels based on whether they have one ;)
Do push ups, crunches etc. Do you practice yoga? Do you run?

(un)fortunately I don't make my own travel arrangements, and I don't do yoga (boring) or run (bad knees). I'm actually pretty good about getting to the gym 3-4 times a week, but my goal is to be going 5 times.

also, I really wish I could stop eating carbohydrates completely. Bread's gone, pasta is minimal, but I love cooking thai food and you can't do that without rice.

^ why do you wanna stop eating carbs ?

i'm a bit addicted to carbs and have been told they aren't the best for ones energy, but why do i crave them soo soo much ??

in fact, why do we crave (well me) shit food so much, like pies and chips and ice cream?

tanget

so good to read other peoples aims so far....

lol at Mr P_s no sexy time with self =D I'm guilty of that too....

well so far I've had one chocolate bar and 3 marshmallows-oh noes I've sinned....

Well I'll go for a bike-ride today out in the sun...

also the cricket one-dayer is on today and their not showing it on regular tv so I might have to go to the pub and that means beer temptations....let's see if I can make it!

good luck to y'all keep updating...

I just really, REALLY want to get motivated to start working out again. Like 1-2 months ago I was in the best shape of my life...I felt so great I quit working out :\

This week I'm going to start:
doing my ab routine (pilates type stuff)
do my free weights/push ups/dips etc
Go snowboarding (this one is so much fun it shouldn't count =D)

and a hard one for me:
Not eating any fast food for the next 7 days.

hotel has a pretty sweet gym, which I raped after my conference today. also had no carbs at dinner, apart from the crust of my amazing cheesecake (but that doesn't count, right? ;)).

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the gym again and go for a dreaded shoulder workout. ugh, I hate it more than anything else, but they don't have proper gear for a solid back workout.

I just went to the gym for the first time today for a long while. I'm recovered from bad "body feel", had been i'ving drugs.

-workout easy cause' I dont want to overtrain
-buy muscle-tech creatine......is that a good choice nowadays? It's worked before.
-walk to the gym and back, go shopping while out there.
-use the pro-tools box and make music in my apartment
-my menu is around 1000 calories, carb/protein ratio @ 50%

creatine rocks. I use this:
Purple-K.jpg

I put on six pounds in three weeks using that stuff. you plateau pretty quick on it though, but that's the nature of the beast.

where do you buy it? I'm close to gnc and vitamin world.

with the muscle-tech creatine in 2003? I gained close to 10 lbs in a week. I'm sure it was water weight. I was playing indoor soccer at the time. shit keeps me from getting sick though.
What does the purp' cost?

^ why do you wanna stop eating carbs ?

i'm a bit addicted to carbs and have been told they aren't the best for ones energy, but why do i crave them soo soo much ??

in fact, why do we crave (well me) shit food so much, like pies and chips and ice cream?

tanget

You crave them because of the dopamine response to sweets.

As for carbs as a source of energy, your body can use protein, carbs, or fat as energy. Since they're easily digestible, carbs are considered by some to be the best source since they're converted to energy the fastest. This is also the biggest problem with them though, just as they're available quickly, they're gone quickly.

As for my personal goals for the week, I'm returning to an 18 block Zone after two months of low-carb. I tried it out so that I can answer questions about it for my clients intelligently. I thought it was okay, but prefer how I feel on the Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.